Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing kayak Review:
Before you start reading the review of Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing kayak, iImagine this – you are looking for a quiet escape from your daily humdrum, a weekend (perhaps more) of peace interlaced with excitement on a cold mountain stream or a river. If this seems like something that is up to your alley, then you have probably checked off fishing as one of your ‘go to’ stress buster activities. A day spent with nature not only rejuvenates your private reserves but also enhances relationships with your loved ones and most importantly with yourself.
To abet this experience, it is important to invest in equipment that takes care of your safety and comfort while you indulge in the game of relaxation and fishing!
A choice that you should explore is the Sun Dolphin 10. This lightweight kayak is an excellent choice for lakes and rivers. Its hull design is optimum for tracking and turning, making it easy to get to the isolated fishing spots!
Looking for an inflatable kayak? Try New Intex challenger K1 Kayak
Below are some additional features of the product;
- Two flushes mount rod holders and one swivel rod holder.
- Large open cockpit with deluxe adjustable seat
- Storage Hatch with shock cord deck rigging
- Adjustable foot braces
- Water Bottle Holder
- Protective Thigh pads
- Paddle Holder
Specifications of Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing kayak:
|Length||10′ / 305cm|
|Width||30″ / 76cm|
|Height||13″ / 33cm|
|Weight||41 lbs. / 19kg|
|Capacity||250 lbs. / 113kg|
|Cockpit Size||17″ W x 35″L / 43cm x 89cm|
There is a saying, ‘A carpenter is only as good as his tools’. Similarly, a fishing experience can truly be memorable only if you have the right equipment with you! Here is a look at some of the pros and cons of the Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing Kayak.
- Comfortable Seating: It is important to stay warm while fishing considering the duration it could take to find your catch. It has lots of room for long legs and a comfortable seating!
- Stability: The Excursion 10 is designed for recreation on fairly quiet-moderate streams. It’s robust, and wider body makes it (almost) impossible to flip! A significant aspect to note is that this kayak is not in the least tippy when you have a fish on the line or when you have to manoeuvre around tight fishing spots!
- Tracks well: The Kayak tracks well on flat water and is easy to steer around obstacles.
- Lightweight: It is relatively lightweight and easy to carry, transport and launch into the water.
- Small touches: Big Impact: There are a lot of little touches to this that add more value to it. Take, for instance, the two in deck rod holders and swivel rod holder mounted in front of the paddler. The bungees on the deck allow you to carry your requirements for the day. The storage area in the back is easily accessible; there is a strap that you can attach the paddle too. These aspects may seem small when you make the purchase, but could have you saying ‘Hallelujah’ while on the trip!
- Low Budget: For those who are just getting introduced to fishing, the Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing kayak will be an ideal buy. Not only will it fit your budget, but you also get great value and excellent customer support from the Sun Dolphin team as well.
Don’t know how to chose the best kayak? Read this.
- Lacks built-in flotation: Although flotation is not mandatory in recreational kayaks, it is a ‘good feature’ to have to keep your kayak floating in case of an accident such as a capsize, punctured hull wall, etc…
- Lack of ‘fancy’: The Sun Dolphin Excursion kayak is not for those who are the pro at fishing. It does not come with fancy compartments or boxes that are usually a part of the larger kayaks. This aspect would be a downside for those who look at fishing as something more than recreational!
- Sturdy Rubber stopper: Maintaining your kayak post use is necessary! While it is easy to clean, one may find it difficult to replace the rubber stopper for the drain plug after wash. It is recommended that the tip is harder and tapered, or a pull tab be added so it can be tugged in place from beneath the kayak.
In conclusion, the Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing Kayak is an ideal buy because it delivers on value for the budget which makes this a great recreational or beginner level kayak.
Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 fishing kayak